Date/Time: Friday 22 April 2022, 09:30 – 16:00hrs
There are a few places remaining on this essential hands-on training session for walk leaders. Contact Jan to book your place.
The training session is led by Sue.
- Recognition and monitoring of vital signs
- Incident management – scene and casualty assessment
- Recognition and management of shock
- CPR and recovery position
- Sprains, strains, fractures and dislocations
- Improvised splinting
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Chest, abdomen, pelvis and thigh injuries
- Common medical emergencies
- Bugs, bites and stings
- Hypo + Hyperthermia
- Casualty handling (safe lifting & moving)
- Casualty handover
- First Aid Equipment
Please wear clothing suitable for practical exercises. It would be helpful if you could also bring your (orange) survival bag with you.